As you looked at that title, did you think, “There is no way I need this type of insurance?” After all, you aren't in the medical field or another field that keeps private information. Or are you?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you store non-public information about employees? That includes social security numbers and job reviews.
2. Do you store non-public information about customers? That includes credit card numbers and addresses.
3. Do you use computers in your business or store information in file cabinets?
If you answered yes to any of those three questions, you need to seriously think about cyber liability insurance, sometimes called data breach insurance. Why? Because this type of insurance isn't just there for you in a moment of crisis. Cyber liability insurance can provide you with:
1. Guidance on how to prevent a data breach in your business. This is an important step to protecting your business and protecting sensitive information. You need outside guidance as more and more people are turning to technology as part of crime.
2. Guidance on how to handle a breach if it occurs. If someone gets data off your computer or out of your files, odds are you will be anxious and upset. Those emotions might keep you from thinking clearly. Cyber liability insurance can provide you with guidance on what to do so you don't feel like you are on your own.
3. Financial assistance with the costs of notifying all the people involved, legal expenses, public relations to help with your business' reputation and any expenses due to your liability associated with the data breach.
Think back to those three questions. If you answered yes, then you realize how important cyber liability insurance is. Call us today and let's talk about how to protect your business.
Protect your digital assets. Call Primero Insurance Agency at 830-221-7791 for more information on New Braunfels business insurance.