Do you find yourself struggling to know what type of business insurance you need? You probably aren’t alone. Many business owners wonder how best to insure their assets to sustain their operations.
Businesses often need more than one policy to comprehensively cover their risks. However, a business owners’ policy (BOP) can cover many of these concerns. As such, this policy is often an effective type of coverage for businesses.
Standard Business Owners Policies
Business owners’ policies often combine many of the most critical, standard insurance elements. You might think of these elements as those risks your businesses are most likely to encounter. A BOP may include:
- Property Insurance: This coverage can protect your business’ products, assets and location in the event of an incident. Covered incidents may include theft, fire, vandalism or certain weather damage.
- General Liability Protection: Every business, regardless of its operations, poses risks to its customers. Your products may cause harm to buyers. Even your property could harm others. For example, if a customer falls and breaks a leg in your establishment, they might sue the business. Your liability insurance may help you compensate the injured party in this case.
- Professional Liability Coverage: Should you or your employees make a professional mistake, it might cause harm to a client’s financial assets or reputation. You might be able to use professional liability coverage to help pay costs associated with these damages.
- Business Interruption Coverage: Should severe weather or fire strike your business, you may have to close for a period of time to recover. This coverage can help you manage essential costs to re-open the business on time. It may help you pay bills or suppliers, and even compensate your employees.
But BOPs may contain much more than just this standard coverage. You may be able to get additional coverage, such as cyber liability or accounts renewable protection.
Why You May Need More Than a BOP
BOPs are not foolproof. They are excellent for basic insurance coverage. However, they often don’t cover all the risks your business might face.
Therefore, you should talk to their insurance agent. Your agent can help map out how a standard BOP policy can meet your company’s needs. They can then determine the additional coverage you may need.
You might buy extra policies for:
- Workers compensation
- Commercial auto insurance
- Health and disability insurance
Also ask your agent about the coverage limits of the standard BOP. Your agent can help you adjust them according to your risk level and needs.
Need coverage? Let us help. Give Primero Insurance Agency a call for a fast, free BOP quote.